Our Aims and Objectives
- To encourage and extend each child's development through individual programming (interest/strengths/needs based).
- To ensure that all children are treated as individuals, regardless of gender, culture, religion or additional needs.
- To assist each child to develop a sense of belonging by being greeted on arrival and at departure times.
- To be aware of, and respect differences and similarities in culture, language, beliefs, values, and socio-economic status.
- To have opportunities to participate in activities that enhances all areas of development
- To be approachable to all parents and to be sensitive to the needs of all and acknowledge their views on child rearing.
- To respect confidentiality of all families.
- To be innovative, enthusiastic and motivated.
- To be aware of, and abide by the Code of Ethics and the Department of Community Services Regulations.
- To actively support Occupational Health and Safety in the workplace by:
- Actively working in conjunction with management to make recommendations to improve health and safety in the workplace.
- Meeting regularly with management to resolve issues and disputes in a timely manner.
- Meeting regularly in OH&S meetings to discuss Occupational Health and Safety matters.
- Willingly cooperating to maintain a safe and healthy work environment throughout the centre and encourage other employees to follow safe working practices.
- Notifying the director of any accident or incident of any matter which may affect the health and safety of any person at the centre.
- To evaluate the philosophy and policies at regular intervals.
- To be recognised as a professional working body.
- To nurture a sense of fun and enjoyment in the centre.
- To encourage children to respect other people, their opinions and belongings, through role modelling.
- To help children understand, cope with and express in appropriate ways, their own feelings.
- To provide a diverse range of nutritious foods and to encourage children to eat them.
- To encourage and promote open lines of communication with all the families.
- To encourage families to participate in the centre program.
- To provide support to all families through the provision of ideas and resources.
- To provide overall support for any family utilising the service.
For the Community
- To encourage and promote community awareness of children's services.
- To be aware and make use of community resources
- To encourage participation of services in our community e.g. Police, Fire Brigade, Ambulance, Shops and Schools.